Latest update: [June 20, 2019]
Huawei Promo is provided by Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd., a Huawei company incorporated in England and Wales and having its registered office at 300 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6UF (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "Huawei").
We understand the importance of your privacy. Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand how we will use your personal data.
1. How Huawei Collects and Uses Your Personal Data
As part of the services we will collect and use your personal data only for the purposes stated in this statement.
On the basis of our contractual performance in providing you with the service we need to collect and process the following information:
- Identity information, including name, address, phone number(s), and email address, for identification and verification of claims and to deliver your free promotional gift (where applicable);
- For cash back offers, payment details, including bank details for promotion fulfilment; and
- Transactional information, including receipts, invoices, serial numbers and IMEI numbers of devices for promotion fulfilment.
Huawei will also process your data for the following purposes on the basis of our legitimate interest (provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override such interests):
- Security and fraud control: we use your identity, network information, including IP address information, browser user agent and cookies to verify claims and prevent fraud. Huawei may also collect IMEI numbers from your retailer to verify claims and prevent fraud.
As necessary to comply with a legal obligation, Huawei will process your data, including identity information and transaction information for accounting purposes and tax reporting as required by laws and regulations applicable to Huawei.
2. Data Storage Location and Retention
1. Data Storage Location
Your personal data is stored in the UK.
2. Data Storage Retention Period
Your personal data will be retained for a period of 7 years, for accounting, tax and contract purposes. After the period expires, we will delete or anonymise your personal data, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
3. Transfer and disclosure:
We use service providers to help run Huawei Promo. They will have access to your personal data only as required to fulfil their contractual obligations to us. Our service providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions, and will not process your personal data for any other purposes.
Huawei complies with all applicable legal requirements to safeguard the transfer of EU personal data outside of the EEA. One of our suppliers is located in the USA. They are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield to ensure an equivalent level of data protection applies to your personal data even where EU data protection law does not directly apply.
In the case of cashback offers, your identification information and payment details will be provided National Westminster Bank PLC (NatWest) to fulfil making the payment to you.
4. Your Rights as a Data Subject
To exercise the rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection or portability in relation to your data, to contact our Data Protection Officer, or if you have any complaint or query about how Huawei processes your personal data, submit your query here.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Huawei Technologies Düsseldorf GmbH
You also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
5. Huawei is always here for you: Contact Us
You can also contact us by mail at 300 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6UF and via Customer Service via the ‘contact us’ form on the website.
6. Updates to This Statement
If we update this Privacy Notice, we will let you know in advance about any material changes that will affect how your personal data are processed, through this website or by other means, including by emailing you.
The most current version of this Privacy Notice will always be available here. You can check the “effective date” posted at the top to see when this Privacy Notice was last updated.
IMPORTANT: This privacy statement is a privacy commitment of Huawei Promotion website. If you want to learn more please read Huawei Privacy Statement.